Youth Ministry Coordinator (part-time) Protection of the Blessed Virgin Mary and Holy Eucharist Parishes, Edmonton
- Experience working with youth and or young families
- Active member of a Ukrainian Catholic parish faith community
- Knowledgeable about the Ukrainian Catholic Faith, bilingual an asset.
- Proficiency in the use of various social media – Facebook, twitter etc.
- Some Post-Secondary education/theology courses preferred.
- Protection of the Blessed Virgin Mary and Holy Eucharist Supervise/coordinate/assist Sunday preschool (ages 3 – 7), Junior Youth (ages 7 – 14), UCY (ages 15 – 19) programs and programs for young families. Closely working with the parish priest and Eparchial youth director and other coordinators in the Eparchy.
- Develop leadership skills in youth and young adults.
- Coordinate recruitment, training, support, and evaluation of volunteers in the youth ministry program
- Maintain communication within the parish, with other parishes throughout the Edmonton eparchy, with the eparchial youth ministry office and other Christian youth based organizations
- Determine and deliver effective ways of publicizing and promoting programs and experiences; particularly in the areas of Social Media
- Be a presence in the Protection of the Blessed Virgin Mary and Holy Eucharist communities through their liturgical and social activities.
Protection of the Blessed Virgin Mary and Holy Eucharist 12 -15 hours per week. This position entails weekend and evening work therefore the successful applicant must be willing to be flexible in their time.
Compensation: $20 – $22/hour commensurate with experience and education.
Contract to commence immediately, until December 2016. Possible option of extension upon the agreement of both parties.
Please send resume along with the contact information for two references by April 29, 2016 to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. For further information, contact Fr. Mihajlo Planchak at 780-914-2573.