Category: Parish Programs
Join “Children from Our Eparchy” for a
“Time Travel” Children’s Sleepover Retreat
Celebrating 125 Years of Ukrainians in Canada
Nov. 26 (4:30 p.m.) — Nov. 27 (12 Noon) 2016
St. Vladimir Parish, 12726 – 119 St., Edmonton
$10.00 per child
The Eparchial UCWLC and Eparchial Youth Ministry invite all children, grades 1 – 6, of the Ukrainian Catholic Eparchy of Edmonton, to gather together in community as “Children of Our Eparchy” to experience what Ukrainians brought with them to Canada 125 years ago.
Registration using these forms:
Completed forms, with payment attached, are to be sent to:
Registration deadline is November 20, 2016.
Please invite your friends to join in the fun!
Youth Ministry Coordinator (part-time) Protection of the Blessed Virgin Mary and Holy Eucharist Parishes, Edmonton
- Experience working with youth and or young families
- Active member of a Ukrainian Catholic parish faith community
- Knowledgeable about the Ukrainian Catholic Faith, bilingual an asset.
- Proficiency in the use of various social media – Facebook, twitter etc.
- Some Post-Secondary education/theology courses preferred.
- Protection of the Blessed Virgin Mary and Holy Eucharist Supervise/coordinate/assist Sunday preschool (ages 3 – 7), Junior Youth (ages 7 – 14), UCY (ages 15 – 19) programs and programs for young families. Closely working with the parish priest and Eparchial youth director and other coordinators in the Eparchy.
- Develop leadership skills in youth and young adults.
- Coordinate recruitment, training, support, and evaluation of volunteers in the youth ministry program
- Maintain communication within the parish, with other parishes throughout the Edmonton eparchy, with the eparchial youth ministry office and other Christian youth based organizations
- Determine and deliver effective ways of publicizing and promoting programs and experiences; particularly in the areas of Social Media
- Be a presence in the Protection of the Blessed Virgin Mary and Holy Eucharist communities through their liturgical and social activities.
Protection of the Blessed Virgin Mary and Holy Eucharist 12 -15 hours per week. This position entails weekend and evening work therefore the successful applicant must be willing to be flexible in their time.
Compensation: $20 – $22/hour commensurate with experience and education.
Contract to commence immediately, until December 2016. Possible option of extension upon the agreement of both parties.
Please send resume along with the contact information for two references by April 29, 2016 to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. For further information, contact Fr. Mihajlo Planchak at 780-914-2573.
Join the St. Josaphat’s Young Adults as we experience God’s glory in the mountains! Enjoy a 2 day trip with ski and sun, as we head to Jasper for an unforgettable weekend from January 29 at 5 PM to Jan 31 at 9 PM
Contemplate the blessings of the Lord as you race down a mountain at full tilt with nothing but a slab of fiberglass strapped to your feet. Oh you’ll be praying alright! $150 package includes food, transportation, accommodation and of course some of the best company around. Spiritual guidance provided by Fr. Michael Bombak. Lift tickets/equipment rentals extra. For those not interested in skiing there is also an excursion to the Maligne Canyon for a walking tour. Register by January 19th. For more information/to register call Millie @ 780-446-1061 or Damian @ 587-986-5757. You can also email email@example.com
Here is the registration Jasper Ski Trip Registration Form
Itinerary for Jasper Ski Trip
Friday, January 29th
Travel Day 1
5:00 pm – Meet in St. Josaphat’s parking lot with all gear/bags ready to load
5:30 pm *sharp* – Depart for Jasper Hostel
~9:30 pm – Arrive at Jasper Hostel
Unpack and unwind for a full day of skiing tomorrow
Saturday, January 30th
Ski/Maligne Canyon Walking Tour Day
For those not interested in skiing/snwoboarding there is an available walking tour through the Maligne Canyon.
Breakfast at the Hostel
(Individuals responsible for their own lunch)
Dinner at the Hostel
Wind down for the evening
Sunday, January 31st
Half Day Ski/Travel Day 2
First Hour Prayers
Breakfast at the Hostel
~4:00 pm – Depart from Jasper back to Edmonton
~9:00 pm – Arrive at St. Josaphat’s
Registration for Unity 2014 is now open! Click on the above link for their website and download your registration form from the “Documents” section at the top of the page. Unity 2014 promises to be a fun, fulfilling weekend of great people and great activities, all centered around learning more about the Ukrainian Catholic faith.
Hope to see you there!
Joyanne, Unity 2014 Website Facilitator
What is One Rock? One Rock is a vibrant faith-filled Christian music festival event for young adults and their families. It’s a time where we come together, away from the noise of the world, to make a noise for GOD!
Come join various speakers and Christian musical artists for three fantastic days of music, praise & worship, inspirational talks and more. Come and experience it for yourself. This is an event you don’t want to miss!
July 26, 27, 28 2013
Mount St. Francis Retreat Centre
Phone: (403) 932-2012
What to bring
- Lawn chairs
- Sun screen
- Mosquito spray
- Cash for lunch (townsite has an ATM)
- Bagged lunch if you have special dietary needs
PEEPs Patriarchs Edmonton Eparchy Pilgrims
Edmonton Eparchy is going to One Rock at Cochrane please join Beth Mayko and Father Bo Nahachewsky on this pilgrimage.
Contact Millie at 780-424-5496 or 780-446-1061
On March 24, Ignite youth got together in the basement of St. Nicholas Parish for a paska and pysanka workshop.
The St. Nicholas ladies league were gracious enough to provide some insight to the importance and tradition of paska making, as well as thier expertise in decorating the Easter bread